Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Day Finally Came!!!

I think like most people, in the back of my mind I was waiting for this day to finally come. Osama Bin Laden finally has gotten what he should have gotten years ago. I do believe though that Karma has a way of working and working things out. It may have taken 9 years 7 months and 20 days but this day has finally come.

September 11, 2001 was one of the worse feared days of my life. Even though I was not directly effected like all the people who lost their lives nor was I one of the families who lost a loved it still non the less effected not only me and my family but all the people I knew and didn't know.

My day started off like any other at that time. I had just gotten showered and dressed and was going in to my son's room who was 5 years old at the time to pick out a pair of socks for him to wear that morning. My son had his radio on as he always did, he loved to have his radio on when he went to sleep at night. As I was pulling out a pair of socks I heard on a radio station from Indiana some news about a fire at the twin towers in New York. I went out to the living room where my son was watching cartoons and I turned on Good Morning America. Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson were trying to get information out that they had so far.

Not a couple minutes into this they broke in to watch the second plain hit into the south tower. As I sat there in shock, my mind was racing just trying to get a grasp of what I just saw. As Good Morning America started re playing the horror again and again I told myself there was no way I could go to work in Champaign which at that time was 30 mile south of us and leave my son's and husband there in our home town. It was one of the hardest days of my life to leave my family!

No comments: